|Forms | License Lookup | Renewals | Continuing Education | Enforcement | Engineers | Surveyors | Businesses | Contact|
|CPC Sponsor Applicant Information|
Becoming an Approved Sponsor
Submit information regarding:
Carefully review the Sponsor Guidelines below.
In order for a continuing education course or activity to meet the Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) requirements [21-56.1700] it must have “a purpose and objective which will maintain, improve, or expand the skills and knowledge relevant to the licensee’s field of practice” [21-56.1702(4)].
To uniformly interpret the requirements and provide guidance to Approved Sponsors, the following attributes serve as indicators that the Sponsor will be in compliance with the CPC Rules adopted by the Board: (While not all of these attributes are necessary to show compliance, there is little question that the intent of the Rules are met if all are met.)
1.The sponsor provides courses that “contain a purpose and objective, and result in the maintenance, improvement, or expansion of skills and knowledge relevant to a licensee's field of practice” [21-56.1702(6)].
2. The course or activity offered will enhance the licensee’s ability to provide engineering/surveying services in a professional and competent manner and better protect the health, safety and welfare of the public.
3.The subject matter of the course or activity presented is related to a licensee’s professional practice.
4. The course or activity offered is intended for engineers/surveyors and is of a technical nature.
5. When presenting Internet based, correspondence, televised and audiotaped engineering/surveying courses the sponsor requires an examination for course completion.
6. Course brochures, publications or announcements state the general content of the course and the specific knowledge or skill to be taught or addressed, as well as the credit to be earned in Professional Development Hours.
7. The instructors or presenters of the course or activity are qualified to teach the subject. Consideration should be given to license status (licensed or not, current or inactive, revoked, suspended or restricted), state of licensure, and any disciplinary action.
8. Attendees are provided written documentation attesting to that person’s attendance, as well as the name of the course, the date and location, the instructor’s name, and the number of Professional Development Hours earned.
9. The sponsor provides attendees an evaluation form as provided by the Board that is collected and retained for audit by the Board [21-56 .1713(b)(6)].
10. The Sponsor complies with the terms of the Sponsor agreement.
1. Complete the CPC Online Sponsor Application.
If you have any questions, please contact Martha Michalowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 919-791-2000 x104.
CPC Sponsor Forms